lørdag den 28. marts 2009

You should get these guys on tape





Image by: Album-cover 









I don´t exactly know why, but for several years I have avoided listening to the band I Got You On Tape despite that they have been very hyped. I think I had some prejudices about the music being too frisky and hollow but luckily I gave it a try lately and got surprised - pleasantly that is. 

The lead singer sounds like a young David Bowie, and it´s especially his deep and drowsy voice that carries the music to a higher level. Furthermore the group doesn´t sound like all the other indie-rock bands at the moment but travels more back in time instead of trying to keep up with the musical trends reigning at the moment. The song "Somersault" already sticks to my brain and the choir in the beginning sets the mood right from the start. 

The art-rock band with roots in jazz released a collection of remixes in January with the simple title "I Got You On Tape 2 - Remixes" and broke at the same time with their label Auditorium in favor of the Copenhagen based label Tigerspring. So far I Got You On Tape has released to albums, one in 2006 and the other in 2007. 

It´s rare that I find music with the ability to make my entire body soften like butter and make me forget about the world and life around me. It´s dreamy, careless and mellow all at the same time, and I guess I owe I Got You On Tape a simple thank you note. 


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar