søndag den 15. marts 2009

The gloomy lady makes me calm










By: Star Bird






I just discovered her recently, but Marie Fisker caught my ear right away with her gloomy, stylish rock with traces of country. Her EP "City Lies" got great reviews and on May 4 she releases her full-length debut "Ghost of Love". Have a taste of her EP at MySpace

I think Marie Fisker is also refreshing since her dark voice doesn´t sound like most other female singers at the moment, who have a tendency to be either too sweet and innocent or too pretentiously charming. The song "City Lies" has a mournful ring to it, and I´m especially exited about the melancholic guitar. 

Her sound gives me a feeling of being set back in the black universe of the eighties - not that I remember them - and I can´t wait to get my hands on her album in May. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar